- This website and services is owned and run by Speakserve Ltd.
- This site is not designed to attract children or persons under the age of eighteen, and we do not knowingly solicit or approve of the collection of data on people under the age of eighteen. Visitors under the age of eighteen are not eligible to use Speakserve Services and fundamentally disqualified from any business transactions with Speakserve.
85 Fleet Street
Telephone number: 0800 980 5155
Company number: 07640707
- All Personal Information that you submit to Speakserve remains your property. We do not share, sell or rent Personal Information to unrelated third parties nor transfer data within Speakserve without a necessary purpose, and it will remain confidential.
- Personal Information we collect about you, as stated before, includes and is not limited to: e-mail address, first name, last name, post or zip code, profession, mobile and / or home (company) telephone number, identification number, location data and online identifier that we directly or indirectly collect or otherwise receive from you. We cannot guarantee or enforce the privacy policies of our clients.
- You may directly provide us with Personal Information when you become a customer with Speakserve or enquire about our services. Such information may include but is not limited to: usernames and passwords (created by Speakserve), employer information, company information and billing information. This is considered Personal Information and it is stored securely, and is never shared with third parties without your permission or direct authorization.
- We also receive a limited data from our customers and guests while using our Speakserve services or software. This can include data such as numbers and names of Users and Clients (“User” and “Client” is defined as any person using Speakserve services) when dialing-in or being dialed out to by a User; customers using the Speakserve Portal area to add Users, who may or may not be a direct customer with Speakserve. Users with an account and relationship with Speakserve can use the Portal to create a contact database along with reference to social media or networking sites.
- When you visit the website, we may collect Personal Information about your visit such as your IP address and certain pages within the Site that you visited. We may use this data to improve our customer experience, search engine optimisation and the technical functionality of the Site.
- This includes information obtained when you register with us to set up a conference call account, or use other products or services offered by us.
- It is solely your choice whether you provide information either by direct or indirect means. When you do provide such Personal Information, you are confirming to us that you are authorised to provide us with that information and that any Personal Information you give us is accurate and up-to-date.
You reserve the right to request the deletion of any Personal Information Speakserve may or may not have collected from you, indirectly or directly. To do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘De-Authorization in use of Personal Information’. This will be further elaborated within part 5.
- A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a websites’ server. This will contain some basic information such as a unique identifier and the site name, along with some digits and numbers. Only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of the cookie, with each being unique to your web browser. Using cookies allows for a better site experience as they allow a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies also enable login information to be accessed and stored, allowing you to remain logged into your Speakserve call portal when browsing between pages.
- There are a variety of different types of cookies used across our website to enhance user experience, either by us or by third-party sites.
- We also use a variety of widely-used third-party plugins as marketing tools for our own business and to provide convenience tools for our visitors. In our belief the use of these plugins represents current "best practice". We have no direct control over the content of the cookies they create, the use made of any data collected, or the security of that data. These third parties may collect information about your visit to our website, and they may use this with other data in order to serve advertising which may be more relevant to you.
- Persistent cookies remain after the web browser is closed, being saved to your device for a longer period of time (usually for at least a year). These are used for repeat visits to remember data that its relevant to more than one browsing sessions, for example, user preferences.
- You have the right to ask for any information that Speakserve holds about you. For this we may charge a small fee (complimentary for any paying Speakserve customer). In this case, if you find any information about yourself to be incorrect then you should promptly notify us and we will rectify the information immediately.
- You also retain the right to ask that any of your Personal Information is deleted from our system, for our customers this may create issues with the way the service is provided and so we recommend against this; unless you are planning to end your use of our services.
- We assure our efforts to honour all your reasonable requests regarding data correction and deletion; unless we are required to retain it by Law or other legitimate purposes.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login name, password and/or Room details and for restricting access to your computer and/or account. We do not store your passwords. You are also responsible for (a) the use of your Personal Information, or access to the account by any individual with whom you (i) share your login name, password and / or PIN code, or (ii) authorise to use your account, and/or (b) any unauthorized use or access that results in whole or in part from your failure to protect the confidentiality of your login name, password, and/or Room details.
- To stop receiving future communications from Speakserve, please contact us and ask to opt-out. Alongside this, to opt-out from having your Personal Information shared with Speakserve’s trusted third-parties, you must also contact us and ask to opt-out but let it be known that this may have adverse effects on the services Speakserve offers you.
- To contact Speakserve regarding your Personal Information please email email@example.com and reference ‘Personal Information Requirements’.
- Security of data and Personal Information is paramount in our values and priorities, it is central to our organization.
- Despite our commitment to security, we must remind you that the internet is not a perfectly safe environment, far from it in fact. It is not secure and you must take appropriate actions to keep safe and secure online. Speakserve cannot 100% ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Transmitting Personal Information over the internet is done at your own risk.
- In accordance with our legal obligations, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data and keep those measures under review. For example, our data-centres are protected by industry-standard technical and operational security such as IT firewalls and access restrictions at their physical locations. We can only be responsible for the systems that we directly control and not those outsourced to third party associates.
- We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate use and volume of statistical information from our Clients and Users and provide third parties with such information.
- All data collected from the Site, along with Personal Information are restricted in our offices and / or our data centers. Only employees who need the Personal Information and require it for a specific job junction are granted access to it. All employees are bound to adhere to the Privacy/Security Policy, along with a binding agreement that the employees are invested in the security of our clients/users. The Privacy and Security Policy information is disseminated and required reading for all Speakserve employees.
- The use and analysis of the Personal Information and data we connect from you, is used in the critical and continual task of improving Speakserve services and to create the best User experience possible, and making the service both instinctive and personal.
- There are multiple ways we process and disseminate data and many of these are vital to the basic processes of the services we offer. Here are the ways in which we use your Personal Information:
- To respond to enquiries made by Users and potential clients, providing our Site services along with other Speakserve services and software;
- Invoicing of monthly bills;
- To respond and process requests for products offered by Speakserve;
- To analyse and improve our business and service, looking at technology performance and network analysis, customer service, marketing, finance and the prevention or detection of fraudulent activity;
- To complete and process registration with Speakserve for conferencing services offered by us and communicate with you in relation to said products;
- Identification and verification purposes regarding any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations, including the transfer of Personal Information to regulatory and government authorities; and
- To help detect and deal with crime and other unsavoury behavior. We may also disclose information if required to do so by law or in belief that such action is necessary; (a) to the extent to do so by law; (b) to the extent required to respond to judicial process or a belief that such action is necessary under law or to comply with legal process served on us. Along with to take precautions against liability;
- To correct technical problems and malfunctions in how the Site operates or processes visitor/User information.
- We may retain and store some of your Personal Information, including your customer profile information (such as your name and contact details) and transactional information (such as conferencing history) to improve customer satisfaction and to tailor our services to meet your individual needs.
- We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development processes.
- We may disclose your information to third parties, including police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
- Information may also be passed to third parties (subsidiaries, business associates and company associates) to allow them to market to you but only with your express consent.
- We will never sell your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
- Prevent a threat to life or health;
- Stop or prevent a breach of the website’s terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- To prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute attacks on technical integrity of the website or its network; To protect the rights, property, or safety of Speakserve Ltd and/ or its employees, the users of its website, or the public.
- Speakserve is not responsible for any collection of data and the related data / privacy policies of any third party that our Site may be linked with. It is at your discretion and decision to be fully aware of other Sites policies on the matter.
- You can also ask us to remove or correct inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you and that we do not use your details to contact you for marketing purposes. When such a request is made we will ask you to prove your identity when you make this request.
- While we ask you to raise any questions or complaints with us first, as we want to make sure we provide you with a premium world-class service, you are also entitled to notify a complaint to any regulator such as the UK Information Commissioner at any time.
- You can contact us about privacy issues and this Policy at Data Privacy, Speakserve Ltd, The Square, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 5NX. We are always happy to help.