The EU Data legislation which is enforceable from 25 May, provides new rights to individuals about their processing in a clear and transparent way. We have published this updated Privacy Agreement in order to include these new requirements and further clarify how we collect, store and use personal data.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors, clients, prospects and our users. We endeavour to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) regulations and any other relevant legislation.
For clarity we describe the following individuals in the following categories
Visitor(s): individuals who visit our website
Clients: individuals who have a Speakserve account and who use Speakserve’s Services
Participants: individuals who attend a Speakserve Conference Call
Users: any individual who uses Speakserve’s services
By using Speakserve’s services, users accept the terms and conditions as mentioned within this policy.
How to contact us:
- About this policy
- Speakserve Limited reserves the right to change and amend this Policy at any time and any amendments will take effect on the date that it is posted.
85 Fleet Street
Telephone number: 0800 980 5155
Company number: 07640707
- Personal Data (Personal information) Collection and Use
- “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (Article 4 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
- All Personal Information that you submit to Speakserve remains your property. We do not share, sell or rent Personal Information to unrelated third parties nor transfer data within Speakserve without a lawful basis, and it will remain confidential.
- Special categories of Personal Data
This site is not designed to attract children or persons under the age of eighteen, and we do not knowingly solicit or approve of the collection of data on people under the age of eighteen. Visitors under the age of eighteen are not eligible to use Speakserve Services and fundamentally disqualified from any business transactions or communications with Speakserve.
- How we collect your personal data:
All Personal Information that you submit to Speakserve remains your property. We do not share, sell or rent Personal Information to unrelated third parties nor transfer data within Speakserve without a lawful basis, and it will remain confidential.
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you visit the website
When you visit the website, we may collect Personal Information about your visit such as your IP address, geographic location, device, operating system, browser and application information, as well as the pages within the Site that you visited. We may use this data to improve our customer experience, search engine optimisation and the technical functionality of the Site.
We may aggregate information and statistics concerning you or other users usage of the website for the purposes of monitoring. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties; however these statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- When you login to the Speakserve Call Portal
Our Speakserve Call Portal allows any company that uses it (customers and users and Speakserve employees) to schedule and join conference calls and online meetings. The software we use may record information such as how often you use this application, what events occur within the call portal, aggregated usage, performance data.
- When you provide your contact details
Should visitors request information about our products, content or services, either via telephone, via our website forms or face to face you acknowledge that by providing business contact details such as name, company name, phone number, email or postal address that you will reasonably expect to receive appropriate professional communications regarding Speakserve and Speakserve services from a Speakserve representative.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we have collected this data.
- When you register for a Speakserve account
To provide you with a service and access to the platform we must process contact, company and billing information in order to reasonably set up and administer your account. This processing is necessary for the performance of our contract and as such complies with legal obligations.
You may directly provide us with Personal Information when you become a customer with Speakserve or enquire about our services. Such information may include but is not limited to: usernames and passwords (created by Speakserve), employer information, company information and billing information. This is considered Personal Information and it is stored securely, and is never shared with third parties without your permission or direct authorization.
- When you register for or attend a conference call
When registering for a call, a user must consent that Speakserve will process their user data as well as the participant personal data in order to perform the services requested.
As a service provider we are not permitted to store, retain or use information that your participants provide except for the sole purpose of performing the services as requested by the client. If you do not wish for Speakserve to process your data then you should not use or register for our services.
- When a user joins our conference call or online meeting services
We may receive limited data from our clients and guests while using our Speakserve services or software. This can include data such as numbers and names of Users and Clients (“User” and “Client” is defined as any person using Speakserve services) when dialling-in or being dialled out to by a User; customers using the Speakserve Portal area to add Users, who may or may not be a direct customer with Speakserve. Users with an account (clients) with Speakserve can use the Portal to create a contact database along with reference to social media or networking sites.
The information that is input into the contact database is determined by the client who is the data controller in this instance. The controller shall be solely responsible for complying with the statutory requirements relating to data protection and privacy, in particular the disclosure and transfer of Personal Data to the processor and the processing of personal data.
Further information is available in the Speakserve data processing agreement. Should you wish to request access or further information that pertains to your personal data then you must contact the client directly.
- Via openly accessible public source (e.g Linkedin or Company Websites)
We may capture additional openly accessible public information and add this to your account. It is solely your choice whether you provide information either by direct or indirect means. When you do provide such Personal Information, you are confirming to us that you are authorised to provide us with that information and that any Personal Information you give us is accurate and up-to-date.
You reserve the right to request access to the Personal Information that we hold or the deletion of any Personal Information Speakserve may have collected from you, indirectly or directly. To do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ‘Request Access to Personal Information’ or ‘Request Deletion of Personal Information’. We will take every step to fulfil your request in line with the appropriate regulations and legal obligations. This will be further elaborated within part 5.
- When you provide your contact details
- Cookies and how we use them
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a websites’ server. This will contain some basic information such as a unique identifier and the site name, along with some digits and numbers. Only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of the cookie, with each being unique to your web browser. Using cookies allows for a better site experience as they allow a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies also enable login information to be accessed and stored, allowing you to remain logged into your Speakserve call portal when browsing between pages.
- Cookie Browser settings
- There are a variety of different types of cookies used across our website(s) to enhance user experience, either by us or by third-party sites.
- We also use a variety of widely-used third-party plugins as marketing tools for our own business and to provide convenience tools for our visitors. In our belief the use of these plugins represents current “best practice and compliance”. We have no direct control over the content of the cookies they create, the use made of any data collected, or the security of that data. These third parties may collect information about your visit to our website, and they may use this with other data in order to serve advertising which may be more relevant to you.
- Persistent cookies remain after the web browser is closed, being saved to your device for a longer period of time (usually for at least a year). These are used for repeat visits to remember data that its relevant to more than one browsing sessions, for example; user preferences.
- How you can see and update your information
- You have the right to ask for any information that Speakserve holds about you. We follow EU GDPR regulation guidelines and aim to provide your information to you within the designated amount of time. In this case, if you find any information about yourself to be incorrect then you should promptly notify us and we will rectify the information immediately.
- You also retain the right to ask that any of your Personal Information is deleted from our system, for our customers this may create issues with the way the service is provided and so we recommend against this; unless you are planning to end your use of our services.
- We assure our efforts to honour all your reasonable requests regarding data correction and deletion; unless we are required to retain it by Law or other legitimate purposes.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login name, password and/or Room details and for restricting access to your computer and/or account including your contact data. We do not store your passwords. You are also responsible for (a) the use of your Personal Information, or access to the account by any individual with whom you (i) share your login name, password and / or PIN code, or (ii) authorise to use your account, and/or (b) any unauthorized use or access that results in whole or in part from your failure to protect the confidentiality of your login name, password, and/or Room details.
- Users can opt out of communications or change your communication preferences at any time . We aim to ensure that every Speakserve communication contains a link to our online communications preference centre or if you would prefer you can contact us directly via email in order to amend these preferences.
- To contact Speakserve regarding your Personal Information please email email@example.com and reference ‘Personal Information Requests’
- 8. How do we secure this information?
- Security of data and Personal Information is paramount in our values and priorities, it is central to our organization and we have implemented the appropriate safeguards in order to protect personal data according to our legal requirements.
- Despite our commitment to security, we must remind you that the internet is not a perfectly safe environment, far from it in fact. It is not secure and you must take appropriate actions to keep safe and secure online. Speakserve cannot 100% ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Transmitting Personal Information over the internet is done at your own risk.
- In accordance with our legal obligations, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data and keep those measures under review. For example, our data-centres are protected by industry-standard technical and operational security such as IT firewalls and access restrictions at their physical locations. We can only be responsible for the systems that we directly control and not those outsourced to third party associates.
- We may also track and analyse non-identifying and aggregate use and volume of statistical information from our Clients and Users and provide third parties with such information.
- All data collected from the Site, along with Personal Information are restricted in our offices and / or our data centers. Only employees who need the Personal Information and require it for a specific job junction are granted access to it. All employees are bound to adhere to the Privacy/Security Policy, along with a binding agreement that the employees are invested in the security of our clients/users. The Privacy and Security Policy information is disseminated and required reading for all Speakserve employees.
- What is our lawful basis for processing?
Speakserve aims to ensure that we only process data where we have
lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with Users (e.g. for example to deliver Speakserve’s Services)) and legitimate interests.
- Contract: Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Client is party (for example: to access a Conference Call) or in order to take steps at the request of the Users prior to entering into a contract (for example: to book an event).
- Legitimate interests: Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Speakserve. This lawful basis is only used by Speakserve where have used a Legitimate Interests Assessment.
- Legal: Where there is a lawful basis of legal obligation
|Purpose||Lawful Basis for processing|
|To respond to enquiries made by Users and potential clients, providing our Site services along with other Speakserve services and software;||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|To facilitate your attendance at one of our events or webinars||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|To facilitate your conference call, even call or online meeting services and respond to process requests for products offered by Speakserve;||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|To maintain records of prospective, current and past clients, resellers and our suppliers||Our legitimate interests which we have balanced with the interests of our clients, suppliers and business contacts|
|To contact you with technical or service information that will be relevant to the products and services that we provide to you||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|We may retain and store some of your Personal Information, including your customer profile information (such as your name and contact details) and transactional information (such as conferencing history) to improve customer satisfaction and to tailor our services to meet your individual needs.||Our legitimate interests which we have balanced with the interests of our clients, suppliers and business contacts|
|To provide client support||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|To contact you to ask if you might be interested in receiving information about our products and services||Our legitimate interests which we have balanced with the interests of our clients, suppliers and business contacts|
|To track your use of our website or interaction with our content and communications. For example to understand which newsletter content is most popular with our audience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development processes.|
|To analyse and improve our business and service, looking at technology performance and network analysis, customer service, marketing, finance and the prevention or detection of fraudulent activity;|
|To comply with any applicable laws and regulations, including the transfer of Personal Information to regulatory and government authorities; and to help detect and deal with crime and other unsavoury behaviour. We may also disclose information if required to do so by law or in belief that such action is necessary; (a) to the extent to do so by law; (b) to the extent required to respond to judicial process or a belief that such action is necessary under law or to comply with legal process served on us. Along with to take precautions against liability;||There is a lawful basis of legal obligation|
|Invoicing of monthly bills;||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|To complete and process registration with Speakserve for conferencing services offered by us and communicate with you in relation to said products;||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
|To correct technical problems and malfunctions in how the Site operates or processes visitor/User information.||For the performance of a contract or agreement|
- How long do we store data for?
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes that we are using it for. How long we retain data will vary depending on the purposes that it is used for. We routinely update our systems to ensure that those who are not using our services or engaging with our communications are removed.
- We may disclose your information to third parties, including police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
- Information may also be passed to third parties (subsidiaries, business associates and company associates) to allow them to market to you but only with your express consent.
- We will never sell your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
- Prevent a threat to life or health;
- Stop or prevent a breach of the website’s terms and conditions or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- To prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute attacks on technical integrity of the website or its network; To protect the rights, property, or safety of Speakserve Ltd and/ or its employees, the users of its website, or the public.
- Speakserve is not responsible for any collection of data and the related data / privacy policies of any third party that our Site may be linked with. It is at your discretion and decision to be fully aware of other Sites policies on the matter.
- Law and User rights
- You can also ask us to remove or correct inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you and that we do not use your details to contact you for marketing purposes. When such a request is made we will ask you to prove your identity when you make this request.
- While we ask you to raise any questions or complaints with us first, as we want to make sure we provide you with a premium world-class service, you are also entitled to notify a complaint to any regulator such as the UK Information Commissioner at any time.
- You can contact us about privacy issues and this Policy at Data Privacy, Speakserve Ltd, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 4RG. We are always happy to help.